In between projects project


Star Decrease, originally uploaded by bunnieprops.

After finishing up the Icarus Shawl, I needed a bit of a mental break. Especially before starting the Fair Isle knee socks from Meg Swansen's Knitting for my brother. I had come across Knit and Tonic's Le' Slouch pattern after seeing it on another knitting blog and was compelled to make one. Just so happened I had a few skeins of cotton on hand that I thought would lend themselves nicely to the moss stitch and got knitting. I inherited the yarn from my brother who buys pretty things from the sales bin from time to time and can't figure out what to make with it. But the green isn't so much my colour.


As I was knitting it, I thought it would be a great way to get rid of some of my odds and ends from my stash. Leftovers from sweaters, my own sale bin finds with no inspiration. So Le' Slouch is going to be my in-between-projects project. One for each of my girls. This will make me feel less guilty about coveting those two luscious balls of whatever catches my eye in the sale bin in the future. Another Le' Slouch. I enjoyed knitting it so much, that I made two.




The Ribbing, originally uploaded by bunnieprops.

I also started on my brother's socks, despite the draw of knitting another Le' Slouch. I began with my favourite K1 P1 rib cast on, Italian Tubular, but after a couple of rows, the Fair Isle changed the nature of the ribbing to be not quite as elastic. So I started over with a more standard cast on (which I also enjoy). Now that I've started them, I'm super excited to work on them. The Tongue River Sock Yarn that I'm using seemed king of scratchy when I wound the skeins into cakes (is that the proper term?) but now that I've started working with it, the yarn is much softer to work with. And it already feels super strong. I'm already having fun and I've barely started them.

Comments

Popular Posts