The Attention Span of a Flea


3 scoops of yarn, originally uploaded by bunnieprops.

Right. So Ravelry has completely destroyed my discipline of working on one project at a time. I admit that I did already have two on the go before Ravelry became part of my life, but the excitement of browsing all the projects people are working on, searching through patterns, finding fun Flickr sites via the Forums has put TONS of things into my cue and it getting me thinking all creative like about planning more and more and more and more projects rather than enjoying working on my brother's second sock which has been so so so much fun.

Coming across Hello Yarn's version of these mittens got me started thinking about how much I want a pair.

I heart Fair Isle. And I'm quite a fan of using humour and kitschy imagery into my crafts, especially when they involve 'serious' and traditional techniques and styles. My career at Design school was my personal adoption of the Garden Gnome Liberation Front as defacto organization for projects over several years. I take comedy quite seriously.

I love the idea of knitting with neopolitan ice cream colours. In fact, I'm totallies in love with this trio of colours at the moment. I'm so excited about these colours and this project that I just couldn't help myself from casting on this afternoon while listening to a podcast of This American Life.

K. I'm going to get back to savouring my weekend treat.

Comments

Popular Posts