Sudden Sense of Accoplishment

All the knitting angst is gone. My sore arm (from too much fine cutting with an Xacto, not knitting) and my general malaise about knitting without getting any closer to finishing something led me to revisit the Secret Knitting Socks that I started a while ago. Saturday afternoon I spent finishing up the first sock, knitting along to Daniela's fine commentary and great music selections.

The sock ended up so fine that I immediately cast on for the second sock. This isn't too unusual, the euphoria of completing a sock or mitten usually gives me enough stamina to immediately start the next one.

I was quite surprised at how well I remembered the pattern from only hearing it through once. I remembered all the parts and didn't consult the instructions at all for the second sock. I'm sure that it helped that I had just completed the first when I started the second, but still I'm impressed! So were some people at the Sunday knitting meetup downtown. Celia was downright astonished that I could work without any sort of a pattern. Uh. I dunno. I'm a good listener I guess?


Here's the flat sock.


I'm quite surprised how much I actually enjoyed (yup, ENJOYED) sewing up the sock. Maybe I just appreciated the brilliance of the seam placement. Or I could just be crazy. I mean what knitter actually LIKES seaming things?!?!? That's just crazy talk!


Look at the lovely socks. I won't bore you with how many pictures and angles I took to get the money shot.

Right, the dets:
Pattern: Secret Knitting Socks as provided by my Secret Pal K2P2
Yarn: Fleece Artist Sea Wool (about a half a skein)
Start: September 4, 2007
End: September 24, 2007 (some people say I'm a fast knitter, I say I just need more of a social life).

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those look great - I want to make a pair!!
Montreal Mama said…
Blogger wouldn't let me comment last night, so I'm trying again - those socks are great! And that's amazing that you memorized the pattern! I'd love to check out that pattern!

Popular Posts