Almost at the finish line


The extra Noro found it's way to my mailbox so I am almost done with my Adult Surprise Jacket (again). This time the sleeves are too narrow rather than too loose. But rather than start over (again) I decided that a little modification could save the sweater. A few short rows later and I have what I like to call speed stripes. But now the neckline is a little more bodice like so I'm leaving it to marinate for a bit while I figure out how I feel about it.


The second mitten is finished and I'm about half way through working in the ends. I'm semi considering blocking them before mailing off the package. Maybe just a steam job.


And of course I can't be almost done a few projects without at least considering my next project. Well 'considering' turned into casting on for a Sideways Pullover from the Winter '04 Interweave Knits. I'm adapting for smaller gauge and a closer fit than shown in the picture. I forgot how fabulously fun and mindless brioche stitch was.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get back to procrastinating the laundry a little longer.

Comments

K. said…
You're my new knitting hero! That noro jacket looks kick-ass and I love the color of the sideways sweater!
Ali P said…
NO! She's MY knitting hero.heh heh (catfight!!)
Seriously, when I first met you at knit night I didn't know how #$%^ing accomplished you were. Its a little scary and exhilirating at the same time to a latecomer like me.
Super powers, baby, you gots 'em.
Sarah A. said…
Well thanks so much you two. I'm going to get a overly inflated ego if I'm not careful. :P
Ali P said…
Oh, don't worry. If you get to know me better you'll see I likes to buid you up so I can take you down...LOL Just kidding.
Jennifer Lori said…
Did you rip out your sweater you were working on at the cafe? The yarn for the sideways sweater looks just like it...

Popular Posts