A Tale of mischievous knitting habits

You ever have one of those things? There just this ball of yarn that sticks in your brain and you just HAVE to have it even if you don't REALLY know why? The perfect combination of individually ugly or unremarkable colours that when combined evoke the best of a classic Charlie Brown? Well this ball of Trekking XXL (colour 193) did that to me last Saturday. I kept thinking about it. So much so that after forgetting to buy it before Mr. Peabody and I headed out for evening hang out time, I HAD to go back to Effiloché and pick it up the VERY next day they were open (along with a skein of the Malabrigo sock yarn they just got in and some fishie bobbins for crazy yarn un-plying I'm doing which will be the topic of another post).


A day or two later, reading about Brainylady's forthcoming travel sock project: Crosswalkers, the two came together in my mind as a perfect pair of socks. Initially I'm calling them Unfortunate Crosswalkers as I see them as being part of a perfect costume for a character in the Series of Unfortunate Events. Now dear reader, had I ever read any of the books, I would be sure to scam the writing style to my heart's content. But alas, I was never pressured enough by my Teacher-Librarian mother to pick them up. Now that I'm several inches into the socks, I feel they may be more in the Ugly Doll category but I can live with that though I still like my initial instincts on their name.

I've been so excited to be knitting these socks that I'm even working on them while I take the Metro to and from work (a 20 min journey door to door). I don't usually knit on the Metro as a rule, especially during the usual morning cattle drive. But there's just something about these socks I tell ya. Just can't put 'em down!

Comments

Popular Posts