I've got a golden ticket!

Last week I got the second instalment of the Knit it Up! Sock Yarn Cinema club. This yarn was in honour of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. To me there is only the one Willy Wonka, as originally played by Gene Wilder in the 1971 production. I've seen the remake but frankly prefer to remember Tim Burton's better movies from his earlier career. So it's the earlier movie that I feel this yarn and the forth coming socks are in honour of.


Fibre: 100% Superwash Merino Wool
Colour: Chocolate Covered Gobstoppers
Sock Yarn Cinema Club: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Skeins: 1
Yards: 390/skn
This month's package included the very lovely Chocolate Covered Gobstoppers yarn, a Wonka bar with a golden ticket wrapped around the bar and a little note go to with. I didn't realise until I read the letter that there were only two golden tickets that were sent out. That's when it occurred to me to look at the back of the ticket and realised that it was a $20 gift certificate! What a great surprise! I spent the next hour or so going through the Etsy shop trying to pick something worthy for purchase with a golden ticket. I'll show you what I picked out when once it arrives.

To add to the awesomeness of getting a gift certificate with my monthly dose of yarn and chocolate, Ms. Knit it Up! included the cost of shipping for the yarn I picked out though it bumped the final total beyond $20. I really feel that was just the nicest thing ever! I gave her some Etsy love and hope that you all go take a look at her shop. There's some super nice note cards in addition to her terribly tasty yarns. I have to say they are terribly squishy and fabulous.

I better hurry up with those stripey socks so I can start on these chocolatey ones.

Comments

Ali P said…
This is seriously cool!

Popular Posts