Golden ticket socks

Remember how I won a Golden Ticket? Well once I realised that it was a real treat, I immediately went to the online Knit it up! shop and picked this fabulous skein of my newest colour combination obsession: yellow and grey.

When the yarn came in the mail I immediately knew what pattern I wanted to use it for. Cookie A's awesome Marlene pattern from Knit.1 Fall/Winter 2008 and cast on straight away with my trusty 2.0mm circular.

Pattern: Marlene by Cookie A. from Knit.1 Fall/Winter 2008

But after working several inches I tried the socks on and realised the tension was way too tight. No I didn't swatch, but I don't mind ripping and restarting. I ended up switching to 2.75mm double points when I restarted these and it looks like they'll be quite nice.

Though I think it will take me a while to finish these socks. I've been rather smitten with the Jelly Bean Afghan lately.

Comments

Popular Posts