Rudy Stripey Socks

Yes these socks have been finished for a month now and I haven't yet shown them off.

I did really enjoy knitting these and managed to wear them a few times before the weather warmed up (and then cooled off but not quite as cold as before). They're super lovely silky feeling when I wear them.


I kept knitting until I ran out of yarn making these another pair of not-quite-but-just-about knee socks. So they tend to slouch even though they're ribbed from toe to cuff. I did a short-row toe where I picked up stitches from the cast on edge. Yes it makes a ridge but I enjoy that interior toe ridge feeling of store bought socks so I'll likely use this method again.


Pattern: 4x2 Ribbed socks, Short row toe-up
Materials: Knit it Up! Silky Sock Yarn Cinema for December: Rudy
Start Date: January 14, 2009
End Date: February 7, 2009

Can't think of anymore interesting details at the moment which says to me I shouldn't leave it so long to post about these sorts of things.

Comments

Popular Posts