Leaf Lace Scarf

This yarn has been burning a hole in my stash since February. Really dying to be knit. Even while working on other projects I've kept one eye on the lace patterns trying to find something worth using this super squishy awesome yarn. There were a couple of shawl contenders but would have been a stretch with one skein.

I came across this pattern during a crafternoon with Mr. Peabody and knew immediately it was THE pattern for this yarn.

I initially cast on as written in the pattern, with 4.5mm needles and two pattern repeats. After one chart repeat I could see the gauge was too loose and the scarf too narrow for my liking. I ripped and restarted on 3.0mm needles with an extra pattern repeat and went to town knitting away until the whole skein was used up.

Pattern: Haruha scarf by Mari Muinonen
Materials: Malabrigo Yarn Lace in Sealing Wax
Start Date: approx. September 30, 2009
End Date: October 24, 2009

I. Love. This. Yarn. Love it. Malabrigo lace is super soft squishy fabulous. With just enough spin to keep the fibres together this yarn is super nice to knit with. And the resulting fabric is just great. A nice density but really light too. The scarf is quite warm for how thin and light it is.

This scarf has been my pseudo mindless knitting in cafés, hanging out in yarn stores, at work during lunch for the past while. Mindlessly adding inches here and there in between working on other projects. Now I have to really think about what I want to work on next. Or maybe I'll just cast on for another mindless scarf in the meantime.

Some contenders include:
Lace Ribbon Scarf
Anne
Chevron Scarf

Comments

jonniegottasing said…
awesome awesome awesome! good job kid! nice to see some updates on the old blog... just wanted to leave innane comments to let you know I'd been by to read.
Anonymous said…
Oooh it's lovely!
Ali P said…
Nice work on that there scarf, Miss Mumbles. Very classy.

Popular Posts