Hiya

Yikes. Sorry kids. I didn't mean to be gone for so long. Things have been quite busy at work. Not so busy that there hasn't been any crafting. Just busy enough that spending more time in front of a computer isn't terribly appealing when I get home from work. That and I feel like I have to finish spinning the cotton sliver before moving onto another fibre. For future reference 4oz. is a HECK of a lot of cotton to spin up. But I'm definitely getting better at it. Much less swearing and breakage is happening.

But lately the hexagon quilt has been revived in a big way. And apparently the hex is really quite contagious.

Hex-a-flower

I've had quite the stack of fat quarters waiting to become hexes and finally got down to adding them all in. Add in some fabulous Liberty hexagons and the hex is back on folks! I have one last "small" section to add on to the "big" piece and I've reached the width I was aiming for. It's very exciting to see the progress. Though it's going to have to go on the back burner for a bit while I finish some other secretish projects.

I'm also faced with a bit of a quilting mental block going with my box bag. At a recent group patchwork day, we all selected fabrics to combine with some sent from one of the homegirls in semi-permanent absentia abroad (the Matryoshka dolls and the colourful apples as seen below).

Final Fabric Selection?

I have to say I had a REALLY hard time selecting these fabrics. Once Janina brought out the irrepressibly fantastic rainbow fabric (exclusive for Fabricville) I got started. Every once in a while I would get up. Look at all the fabrics and make some selections. Stare for a while. Get frustrated and then sit down and baste more hexagons. I added the red/pink polka dots after I got home and those fantastic rainbow stars a week later. The stars are from my mom's 80's fabric stash that Mr. Peabody recently brought back with him. They're SO Rainbow Brite, I love them!

Now I'm not sure how I want to piece my fabric. I was originally thinking strips. But that was before getting the fabrics together. Now I'm thinking diagonal strips would be better. But I'm not entirely sure anymore. And the fabric has been hanging out on this chair in my living room for a few weeks now I feel like I should do something with it. I should just jump in and do it already. I'm not sure what I've been waiting for.

Comments

Popular Posts