The Amazing 6-day Shawl

A family friend is giving me her mother's Singer Featherweight Sewing Machine. I'll be picking it up when I go home for Christmas. In exchange, I knit her this shawl out of some of my handspun yarn. Despite the amassing of large quantities of handspun, this is only the third project where I've used my handspun and the first one that's handspun only.

Shawl blocking
Pattern: Echo Flower Shawl by Jenny Johson Johen
Materials: 2-ply
'Pinot Gris' Girls like Boys like Fiber
approx. 304.75 yards
100% Cormo
4 oz.
Start Date: November 21, 2010
End Date: November 27, 2010

This handspun was so nice to knit with that the shawl was finished in 6 days. I was very focussed. Though I still need to re-block it. I set it up to block on my bed on a weekend, and it wasn't dry by bedtime. I think I'll use steam for the next blocking. But still I'm declaring this shawl finished.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What? I had no idea this was the Echo Flower shawl. I was thinking of making this out of handspun myself. I have it all queued up and everything.

Popular Posts