Crewel is kewel

Daisychain Sampler Progress

So I've been reading the blog Posie gets cosy for quite a while now. I'm not much of a commenter on other people's blogs. Mostly I read things through Google Reader and all in a batch so it's extra effort to click through and comment (especially frustrating to do on mobile readers). And to be honest, I don't always feel like I have something to add what people are posting about. But whatevs.

What was I talking about? Yeah, so I read Alica's blog. And when she posted a while back about these Daisychain ABCs Crewelwork Sampler Kits she was going to put together, I figured I'd give it a try. I'm quite enjoying the embroidery these days and crewel has interested me in theory but there aren't a lot of cool (or kewel) projects kicking around in this old school technique. I have a couple of modern takes on it but have yet to jump into the wool & needle thing until now.

Daisychain A

My sampler kit arrived in the mail last Thursday. Despite working on other ongoing projects I immediately started playing crewel embroidery after opening the package.

Daisychain B

And I kept stitching.

Daisychain C

And stitching all weekend in a variety of air conditioned locations.

Daisychain D

And stitching my way through the weekend.

I finished up H last night. I have a whole slew more photos to take of the letters. I especially love the E which I opted to make REAL puffy. I like to thing that it's so puffy, it's in 4D (or at least IMAX 3D).

Oh and the question that I've been asked a few times now. The kit was a pre-order sort of thing and there are no more to order BUT you can buy the PDF of the pattern (which includes the outline guides for all the letters.

I think I'll embroider the phrase "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" next. Why yes, I AM a graphic designer. How'd you guess? ;)

Comments

Popular Posts