My Brindle Pony

Yesterday while I was at work, I decided to crochet a pony. This isn't such a crazy whim to follow through on since I'm currently working at a yarn & fabric store here in Montreal and Sunday afternoons aren't so busy.

I had just finished making some crocheted flowers for the shop and had an appetite for more crochet.

Work #selfie from yesterday. Crocheted flower hat & corsage.

I've been curious about amigurumi for a while, but somehow I have never tried it. After cruising some patterns on Ravelry, I found this pony pattern, grabbed a 3 mm hook and some random oatmeal fingering weight wool and got to work.

Amigurumi workshop

When I got home last night, I grabbed some left over aqua blue Fleece Artist I had from knitting a shawl for my mom a while ago.

Brindle Pony

Today, I continued working on the pony while hanging out on my front balcony, sewing each piece on after I was done crocheting it. I just finished it up this afternoon.

Brindle Pony

The only thing I found a bit strange was that each piece is made separately, and then sewn together. My understanding of crocheted toys was that each piece could be picked up and worked off the next? Maybe that's just wishful thinking.

Brindle Pony

Pattern: Pony by Stephanie Jessica Lau
Materials: Mystery Oatmeal Fingering, Fleece Artist Merino 2/6 in Aqua
Start Date: June 15, 2014
End Date: June 16, 2014

Quite a quick little project.

Comments

Popular Posts