January Sock Round-up

I started the month casting on socks for the Commercial Yarn Along hosted by Amy Florence of the Stranded Podcast. I had so much fun knitting up this ball of Arne & Carlos Pairfect yarn that I started the second pair straight away.

Untitled

Pattern: Top-down sock with Half-hankerchief Heel (64 stitches)
Materials: Schachenmayr Regia Pairfect Design Line By Arne & Carlos in 9136 Garden Color
Start Date:January 2, 2018
End Date: January 10, 2018

One evening I went down into my sock yarn bin, picked a few selections of interesting commercial yarns I wanted to work with and asked my parents to pick out what they liked. As I had just finished my January pair for my Box 'o' Sox, I thought I'd make some for other people.

Untitled

Pattern: Top-down sock with Round Heel (72 stitches)
Materials: Schachenmayr Regia Pairfect Design Line By Arne & Carlos in 9095 Kollen
Start Date: January 10, 2018
End Date: January 14, 2018

My Dad was super excited about the colours in this skein of Arne & Carlos Pairfect that he put them on right away after I finished weaving in the ends. That's the sort of reaction one wants when knitting for other people!

Untitled

Pattern: Embossed Leaves by Mona Schmidt
Materials: SweetGeorgia Yarns Tough Love Sock in Nightshade
Start Date: January 14, 2018
End Date: January 18, 2018

My Mom is still raving about how much she LOVES the SweetGeorgia yarn that I used for this pair of Embossed Leaves socks. I guess I should get some more, but she's been mentioning how nice it would be for a sweater. We'll see just where that leads...

Untitled

Pattern: Selbu Socks by Skeindeer Knits
Materials: Tukuwool Fingering in H 28 Ujo, Kauni Wool 8/2 Solids in Light Moss
Start Date: December 9, 2017
End Date: January 25, 2018

This last pair of socks isn't going to count for any knit alongs, but they're still amazing. There was a bit of a disaster of a broken DPN while finishing the leg of the second sock, but happily some super glue managed to save my needle and let me finish. Thankfully the break was splintery enough for the glue to work. I'm super happy with how these socks turned out and fit. I've already raved about how amazing this yarn is once blocked and can't wait to knit with it again.

Who knows if I'll get another four pairs knit in February, especially as I've picked up a sweater project to continue working on. But as I'll be travelling, there's sure to be some sock knitting as some point.

Comments

Popular Posts